GAME RULES AND REGULATIONS
These rules apply to all Participants/Players who choose to play “Trivia Thursdays” or any “Contest” or “Game” sponsored by James Spence Authentication (“JSA”).
Who Can Enter?
- Must be 18 years of age to play. JSA reserves the right to examine identification of the Winner and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
- Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of JSA (past or present) and their respective and immediate family (i.e., current and ex- spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings and in-laws and other household members (i.e., roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners of each legally residing at the same address) of each are NOT eligible.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
4. One or more winner may be announced from time to time depending on the active game being sponsored by JSA. JSA may run more than one contest or game simultaneously.
5. Depending on the contest, JSA will post the winner within 36 hours of the initial posting of the game on our Facebook page or as posted on that specific game/contest.
6. Facebook Postings: Participants/Players of Trivia Thursday and/or other games sponsored and hosted by JSA acknowledge and agree that they must provide a valid email address and Facebook login to Play Trivia Thursdays and/or any ongoing contest/game. Winners will be announced by their Facebook login/identification including full name if displayed as such and will be required to email JSA in a private message for confirmation to provide mailing and shipping information to receive their prizes. If the winner fails to email JSA within 7 days of the posting of their login name being announced as the winner, the winner hereby acknowledges that they forfeit all prizes awarded. Prizes can only be shipped to a United States address. Any Participant/Player named as a winner having an address outside the continental U.S. will receive a credit voucher in the amount of $10.00 towards a future JSA authentication and said credit voucher is nontransferable or to be used towards shipping fees and costs.
7. Entry to play Trivia Thursday or any other game or contest requires membership to the JSA Facebook Page (“Facebook”): (in addition to the other relevant provisions set forth in these rules): Playing is free. JSA’s Facebook is an internet/social media club that will entitle members to, among other things, receive information from JSA and its other members as to our postings, upcoming events and appearances. JSA shall not be held responsible for any comments, remarks, and/ or any postings from members to JSA’s Facebook page. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a member, the holder of the e-mail account in association with the correctly posted answer or guess who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the second level domain associated with the e-mail address in question will be considered the winner.
8. Limit one answer or guess per e-mail address. If a Participant/Player deletes their answer or re-posts a second answer, only the first posting will be considered by JSA as the participant’s/Player’s official answer or guess.
9. Participants who play Trivia Thursdays or any other game or contest sponsored by JSA agree to the following (and JSA may but is not obligated to), require as a condition of entry, that Participants/Players sign a separate agreement or, with respect to online entries, affirmatively check a box or an “I agree” button agreeing to some or all of the provisions set forth in this agreement and/or other requirements):
- Participants/Players represent and warrants that he/she own the rights to, or has obtained permission to use the Facebook Login that they use to Play Trivia Thursdays and/or any ongoing JSA contest or game.
- Participants/Players represent and warrants that he/she authorizes JSA to post their name and/or email address on JSA’s Facebook and and/or social network sites.
- Participants/Players agree and acknowledges that JSA their affiliates, parents, employees, agents and all other related sponsors may use for advertising and/or promotional purposes, Participants/Players’ name, image, email address in advertisements, on websites and/or any other medium in connection with participation in this contest or otherwise without the payment of any additional compensation Participants/Players.
10. Participants/Players hereby agree to strictly follow all instructions and directions given by JSA during the game/contest and understand that any intentional failure to comply with JSA’s instruction, process, procedures or contest rules at the event may result in immediate disqualification (at JSA’s sole discretion).
11. Any decision by JSA for each game will be final and not subject to appeal.
12. In the event that any contest or game associated with an Event needs to be rescheduled for any reason, such postponement will be announced on JSA’s Facebook page. It is the sole responsibility of each Player/Participant to check the social media website and/or JSA’s Facebook for cancellation and/or rescheduling information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, JSA is not obligated to send a written, email or telephonic notice to Players/Participants regarding any necessary rescheduling of any game or contest with the rescheduled date and time. In no event will JSA its employees and/or representatives have any liability or responsibility for any potential Player/Participant’s, answers or requirement to reschedule the game.
13. JSA its employees and/or representatives are not responsible for the failure of any Player/Participant’s technical issues or errors with the postings of the contest and/or the answer or guess provided by the Player/Participant.
14. In no event will any “deal-making” in connection with a contest or game between Participant/Player or third parties be permitted.
15. Players/Participants may not violate any federal, state or local laws and may not harm or endanger themselves or other persons or property in connection with a contest or game. If JSA deems that a Player/Participant or any winner may have created a public hazard, cheated, engaged in improper or illegal activity, caused interference with or destruction of property and/or utilized public safety resources, such Player/Participant or winner may be disqualified in JSA’s sole discretion.
16. JSA reserves the right to (but not the obligation) to post some or all entry information and/or materials in JSA’s website or social networking sites, in whole or in an edited form (at JSA’s discretion), as an “Official Winner”. Having your entry posted and/or “featured” does NOT mean that the Player/Participant has won or is likely to win in that contest or game. The decision to post or “feature” any such entries is for entertainment purposes only and is not part of the winner selection process in the game.
17. WARNING: Online Participants/Players may experience a lag in posting their answers due to internet limitations. Winner(s) will be announced based on the time stamp received on JSA’s Facebook Page. Winners, once announced will be required to email JSA at the email associated with Trivia Thursdays and/or any other game or contest known as Florida@SpenceLOA.com as the official winner based on answer and clock stamp time.
18. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by JSA and all required paperwork if required (including, without limitation, liability release agreements if required by JSA) have been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
19. All prizes awarded will be shipped by JSA via U.S. Mail or any other means determined by JSA to be the best method.
20. Prizes not claimed within seven (7) business days of being advised by JSA of the winner, will be considered forfeited (without notice to the winner) and will become property of JSA.
21. JSA reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all games and contests sponsored by JSA. No cash prizes will be awarded. Prizes given out are not redeemable for cash nor are transferable to another person or entity.
22. Winners are prohibited from selling any prize awarded or transferring any prize without JSA’s authorization (which authorization must be in writing by a JSA representative and shall be granted or withheld at JSA’s sole discretion on a case by case basis). In the event that JSA discovers or suspects (correctly or incorrectly) that a winner is attempting to sell his/her prize from JSA (i.e., eBay, craigslist or otherwise), JSA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, on a case by case basis to take any one or more of the following actions: (a) immediately disqualify the winner and deem any prize they were otherwise entitled to as forfeited, (b) refuse to award the prize to such winner, even if he/she represents that they will not resell or transfer the prize, and/or (c) prohibit the violating winner from participating and/or winning any future JSA game or contest (whether for a fixed period of time or in perpetuity, in JSA’s sole discretion) and if such winner ever wins a future JSA contest during the period that he/she is banned, he/she shall be disqualified from the contest or game and forfeit any prize once it has come to JSA’s attention. Further, JSA reserves the right to track and/or cancel and invalidate any prize awarded that JSA suspects was sold or transferred without authorization.
23. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and may be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from JSA where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more in any calendar year.
24. Any prize that is awarded in the form of a JSA Credit Voucher may have an expiration date and use of such certificate may be based on limitations. JSA Credit Vouchers are only redeemable by the individual whose name appears on the credit voucher.
25. In all instances in which winner has the right to select specific products or sizes, the choice or products and sizes offered may be limited by JSA or certain specific products or manufacturers may be excluded. Winner will receive more information on such restrictions and limitations after they have been awarded the prize.
26. Odds of winning depend on the how the contest is conducted.
27. Should there be an exact tie, JSA will at its sole discretion determine the winner and/or provide each winner with a prize.
28. By participating in a JSA game or contest, Participants/Players hereby agree to hereby release and forever discharges and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless JSA, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, sponsors, agents and all others connected with them and the promotion, contest, and/or game from any and all liability, claims, actions, and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the said promotion, game or contest and the receipt and use of any prize(s) awarded (if any) through such promotion, game or contest, and/or event arising in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to an act or omission, whether negligent, intentional or otherwise caused by JSA, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, sponsors, agents and all others connected with them and the promotion, game or contest. In the event that the associated game or contest is administered by JSA (in whole or in part) via a Facebook page, entrants understand and agree that the foregoing liability release and indemnification in this Section shall also include the release and indemnification of Facebook by Participant/Player in the same manner in which JSA is released and indemnified.
29. By entering a JSA Facebook game or contest, Participants/Players understand that JSA’s or other members of JSA’s Facebook page may choose to comment on, mock, poke or make fun at a Participant/Player’s answer or guess. Participants/Players waive any right to make any claim against JSA, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, sponsors, or agents with respect to any comments - disparaging or otherwise - made regarding such participation and/or any other information provided or disclosed to JSA during the course of a contest or game.
30. Complete contest rules are available at JSA Florida 3223 N.W. 10th Terrace Suite 604, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida during normal business hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
31. Players/Participants are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
32. JSA reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest or Game null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Game or Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest or Game; (ii) alter or amend these Contest or Game rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest or Game at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the Contest or Game rules will be posted on JSA Home Page website under policies at www.SpenceLOA.com/Policies.
33. For a list of winners mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the below JSA address identifying the name of the particular contest or game and date that you would like to receive a winner(‘s) list for. JSA’s address is 3223 N.W. 10th Terrace, Suite 604, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33309. Requests must be mailed and received by JSA after the contest is over but prior to 2 months after the contest or game has been concluded.
- These are general Game/Contest rules, and rules for individual Contest and/or Games may vary. To the extent that any specific contest or game rules differ from these rules, the specific contest or game rules will govern and control.